Commonly referred to as braces or clips. This treatment involves placing clips/ wires or braces to your teeth to set them right .
When do u need Braces ?
- Classical sign is crowded teeth or crooked teeth.
- Inability to clean your teeth due to crookedness
- When you see spaces between your teeth
- When the front upper and lower teeth do not meet each other
- When you hear click when you open or close the jaw
- When your tongue or cheek frequently fall between your back teeth resulting in biting
- When you breath through mouth instead of nose
- When you have lisping or when u are unable to pronounce certain words or sounds.
- When your milk teeth fall off early
These are a few conditions that require orthodontic intervention
What age people can undergo this treatment?
Children as young as 7 years old to adults as old as 50 years can undergo braces treatment.
Types of braces :
- Metal braces – these are stainless steel braces , metallic in color
- Ceramic braces – braces made of porcelain, resemble the color of tooth and not very visible
- Lingual braces – which are placed in the inside portion ( towards tongue or palate) of teeth to make them invisible
- Aligners – most advanced and invisible braces .
Duration of treatment ?
- It depends on the severity of crookedness .